The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) is a government-run scheme that provides financial assistance to entrepreneurs for setting up new micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) in collaboration with banks and financial institutions. The scheme is implemented by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Telangana state.
ప్రధానమంత్రి ఎంప్లాయ్మెంట్ జనరేషన్ ప్రోగ్రామ్ (PMEGP) అనేది కొత్త సూక్ష్మ మరియు చిన్న పరిశ్రమల (MSEలు) స్థాపన కోసం పారిశ్రామికవేత్తలకు ఆర్థిక సహాయం అందించే పథకం. బ్యాంకులు మరియు ఆర్థిక సంస్థల సహకారంతో సూక్ష్మ, చిన్న మరియు మధ్య తరహా పరిశ్రమల మంత్రిత్వ శాఖ (MSME) ఈ పథకాన్ని అమలు చేస్తుంది. తెలంగాణ రాష్ట్రంలో ఖాదీ మరియు విలేజ్ ఇండస్ట్రీస్ కమిషన్ (KVIC) ద్వారా ఈ పథకం అమలు చేయబడుతుంది.
The PMEGP provides financial assistance in the form of loans and subsidies to entrepreneurs who want to set up micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The maximum loan amount is Rs. 25 lakhs for manufacturing units and Rs. 10 lakhs for service units. The government also provides a subsidy of 35% of the project cost, which is capped at Rs. 7.5 lakhs for manufacturing units and Rs. 3 lakhs for service units.
సూక్ష్మ మరియు చిన్న పరిశ్రమలను (MSEలు) స్థాపించాలనుకునే వ్యవస్థాపకులకు PMEGP రుణాలు మరియు రాయితీల రూపంలో ఆర్థిక సహాయం అందిస్తుంది. గరిష్ట రుణ మొత్తం రూ. 25 లక్షలు, తయారీ యూనిట్లకు రూ. సర్వీస్ యూనిట్లకు 10 లక్షలు. ప్రభుత్వం ప్రాజెక్టు వ్యయంలో 35% సబ్సిడీని కూడా అందిస్తుంది, ఇది రూ. తయారీ యూనిట్లకు 7.5 లక్షలు మరియు రూ. సర్వీస్ యూనిట్లకు 3 లక్షలు.
The PMEGP is a great opportunity for aspiring entrepreneurs in Telangana state to start their own businesses. The scheme provides financial assistance, training, and other support to help entrepreneurs succeed.
తెలంగాణ రాష్ట్రంలోని ఔత్సాహిక పారిశ్రామికవేత్తలు తమ సొంత వ్యాపారాలను ప్రారంభించడానికి PMEGP ఒక గొప్ప అవకాశం. ఈ పథకం వ్యవస్థాపకులు విజయవంతం కావడానికి ఆర్థిక సహాయం, శిక్షణ మరియు ఇతర సహాయాన్ని అందిస్తుంది.
In your blog, you can discuss the following topics:
Table of Contents
Eligibility criteria for the PMEGP in Telangana state
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 55 years.
- The applicant must have a minimum educational qualification of 7th standard pass for projects costing above Rs. 10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the service sector. No educational qualification is required for projects costing below Rs. 10 lakhs in the manufacturing sector and below Rs. 5 lakhs in the service sector.
- The applicant should not have availed any government subsidy under any other scheme of the Government of India or the State Government.
- The project should be new and not a revival of a sick unit.
- The project should be viable and commercially feasible.
Subsidy Details of PMEGP in Telangana State
The PMEGP provides financial assistance in the form of a loan and a subsidy. The loan amount is up to Rs. 25 lakhs for the manufacturing sector and Rs. 10 lakhs for the service sector. The subsidy amount is 25% of the project cost, up to a maximum of Rs. 1 lakh for the manufacturing sector and Rs. 50,000 for the service sector.
|Category||Subsidy Details||Beneficiaries Contribution||Rate of Subsidy|
|1st Loan (General Category)||10%||15%||25%|
|1st Loan (Special Category)||Including SC/ST/OBC/Minority women, Ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped, NER, Hill and Border Areas, Transgenders||5%||25% (Urbun)||35% (Rural|
|2nd Loan (All Categories)||10%||15% (20% for hill stations)|
How To Apply PMEGP In Telangana State
- The applicant must undergo an Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) from a recognized institute. The EDP is a 15-day training program that covers topics such as business planning, marketing, and financial management.
- The applicant must submit an application form to the District Industries Centre (DIC) or the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) office in their area. The application form can be downloaded from the PMEGP website.
The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s educational certificates
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhaar card or other identity proof
- A copy of the applicant’s PAN card
- A copy of the applicant’s bank account statement
- A project report for the proposed business
- The DIC or KVIC office will review the application and, if approved, will forward it to a bank for processing.
- The bank will assess the applicant’s creditworthiness and, if approved, will sanction a loan.
- The applicant will then be able to start their business
Here are some additional tips for applying for the PMEGP:
- Make sure you have all the required documents before you submit your application.
- Be clear and concise in your project proposal.
- Highlight the benefits of your business to the community.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the bank or DIC officials.
Benefits of Applying PMEGP In Telangana State
Here are some of the benefits of the PMEGP:
- Subsidy: The PMEGP offers a subsidy of up to 35% of the project cost, which can be used to cover the cost of equipment, raw materials, and other expenses. The maximum project cost for a manufacturing unit is Rs. 50 lakh, and the maximum project cost for a service unit is Rs. 20 lakh.
- Training and counseling: The PMEGP provides training and counseling to entrepreneurs on a range of topics, including business planning, marketing, and financial management. This support can help entrepreneurs to improve their chances of success.
- Assistance with marketing and sales: The PMEGP provides assistance with marketing and sales to entrepreneurs. This support can help entrepreneurs to reach new customers and grow their businesses.
- Access to loans from banks: The PMEGP facilitates access to loans from banks for entrepreneurs. This can help entrepreneurs to finance their businesses and get them off the ground.
Important Links To Know More About Pradhan Mantri Employment Generation Programme
- PMEGP Official Website: The official website of PMEGP provides comprehensive information about the scheme, its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, guidelines, and frequently asked questions. Visit: https://www.kviconline.gov.in/pmegp/pmegponlineapp/
- Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MoMSME): The MoMSME website offers insights into various initiatives and schemes, including PMEGP. You can find detailed information about the scheme, updates, and related resources. Visit: https://msme.gov.in/pmegp
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC): KVIC is responsible for implementing PMEGP at the nodal level. Their website provides valuable information about the scheme, success stories, guidelines, and contact details for further inquiries. Visit: https://www.kvic.gov.in/pmegp/
- District Industries Centre (DIC): DIC plays a crucial role in implementing PMEGP at the state level. You can check your respective state’s DIC website for specific information, guidelines, and contacts related to PMEGP.
- Official Government Websites: Explore government portals such as the National Portal of India (https://www.india.gov.in/) and the official website of the Ministry of Finance (https://www.finmin.nic.in/) for official announcements, notifications, and updates related to PMEGP.
What type of business can you start under the PMEGP?
Under PMEGP, you can start a business in any sector of the economy, including manufacturing, services, and trading. The maximum project cost for a manufacturing unit is Rs. 25 lakhs and for a service unit is Rs. 10 lakhs. You can avail a loan of up to 80% of the project cost from banks, with a subsidy of 35% from the government.
Here are some examples of businesses that you can start under PMEGP:
Manufacturing units: food processing, textiles, handicrafts, engineering products, etc.
Service units: repair and maintenance, training, consultancy, etc.
Trading units: wholesale and retail trade, import and export, etc.
What is the cost limit for Pmegp project?
Rs. 50 lakh is the cost limit for PMEGP projects.
What is the minimum score for Pmegp loan?
PMEGP loans are not approved based on a minimum score. Instead, other factors such as the viability of your business plan, your experience and qualifications, the size and cost of your project, and the availability of collateral are considered.
How long does Pmegp take?
What is the rejection reason for Pmegp?
Various factors can lead to the rejection of a PMEGP application, including incomplete documentation, failure to meet eligibility criteria, inadequate project viability, submission of false information, and exceeding the project cost limits.
Which two government programs merged under pmegp?
PMRY (Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana) and REGP (Rural Employment Generation Programme) were the two government programs merged under PMEGP (Pradhan Mantri Employment Generation Programme).