Distance education or Distance Learning, is the education of students who may not always present at a college or school. In a short form – “Teacher and Learner always separated in both Distance and Time.
Today Distance Education is completely in the form of Distance Learning and Traditional classroom instructions (Like Hybrid model). Online virtual learning model is also playing a vital role in Distance Education.
Distance education is greatly helpful for the people who are currently working or doing any kind of business and want to earn Certificate of skill & education.
There are so many Distance Education platforms in Telangana State, here is the list of Universities providing distance learning at various levels of certifications.
- Osmania University for Distance Education – Provides distance learning opportunities in various courses
- Ambedkar Open University – A Government recognized university which is established towards the intent of Distance Learning in Telangana.
- Telangana State Open School Society (TOSS) – Distance Education for S.S.C and Intermediate levels.
- Kakatiya University for Distance Education
- Satavahana University for Distance Education
- Palamuru University for Distance Education
- Nalsar Pro Distance Education in Law (Private Institution)
- IGNOU – Indira Gandhi National Open University (National Level)