The Telangana Overseas scholarship is a program initiated by the government of Telangana, India, to provide financial assistance to students from the state who wish to pursue higher education abroad. The scholarship aims to support deserving students in their pursuit of academic excellence and help them achieve their full potential. It is open to graduate, and postgraduate students who are interested in studying in reputed universities overseas.
The scholarship is designed to cover tuition fees, accommodation, and other related expenses, to help students achieve their academic goals without any financial burden. This scholarship is a great opportunity for students from Telangana state who wish to pursue their studies in reputed universities located abroad.
What is Telangana Overseas Scholarship Program
The Telangana Overseas scholarship program was launched by the government of Telangana as a part of its efforts to promote higher education and provide financial assistance to deserving students from the state. The scholarship is open to students from all fields of study, including engineering, science, medicine, management, and humanities. The program aims to provide financial assistance to students from economically weaker sections of the society who wish to pursue their education abroad.
Main objectives of Overseas ePASS Scholarship Program in Telangana State
- To provide financial assistance to students from Telangana who wish to pursue higher education abroad.
- To support students from economically weaker sections of the society in their academic pursuits.
- To promote the state’s vision of creating a knowledge-based society by increasing the number of students from Telangana pursuing higher education abroad.
- To promote the state’s reputation as a centre of academic excellence by supporting its students to study in reputed universities abroad.
- To increase the number of students from Telangana with international exposure, who can bring the diverse experiences, knowledge and skills back to their home state and contribute to its overall development.
- To help students become global citizens and contribute to the development of the state, the nation and the world at large.
Types of Telangana epass Overseas Scholarship Program
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi, SC Development
- Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi, SC Welfare
- Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
- Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students
There will be two selections for every year named as
- March – Spring Session
- November – Fall Session
General Guidelines for Telangana Overseas Scholarship Program
- Income Criteria: Family Income should be less than 5 lakhs per Annum from all sources.
- Only 1 child from a family is eligible.
- Scholarship Grant: Upto 20 lakhs or as per admission letter whichever is less. One way Economy ticket.
- Countries Eligible: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.
- 60% in Graduation and Eligible score in GRE/GMAT and English Proficiency Test as per G.O.
Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Overseas Scholarship Program
- Graduation- 60%
- GRE/GMAT weightage -20% and TOEFL/ IELTS /PTE weightage -20%
This weightage is must for generation of Merit List. Hence students should have the above test marks, even if the score is not required in the foreign universities.
List of Certificates for BC and EBC for Telangana Overseas Scholarship Program
- Epass application form
- All study certificates from SSC to Degree/PG
- Graduation 3/4 years marks memo
- English language test score copies along with Users IDs and Passwords
- Passport and Visa, Immigration, Boarding pass (If student went only)
- COE/I20/LOA Admission letter of abroad university
- Parents and Student Aadhar Cards
- Copy of Latest tax assessment is to submit at this office
- Income certificate issued by Tahsildar (Total family income)
- Residence and Caste certificate issued by Tahsildar
- Gap certificate issued by Tahsildar (Idle gap period only)
- If student employed pay slips appointment and resignation letters
- Nationalised Bank passbook of the student
- Funding details of the student for abroad studies
- Marriage certificate issued by Govt Competent Authorities (If married)
Note: Mandatory documents must be submit at the time of requirement otherwise you will not consider under the merit list of MJPOVN Scheme
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities
The Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities is a scholarship program offered by the government of a state in India to financially assist minority students in pursuing higher education abroad.
The program is typically administered by the state’s department of minorities or similar agency, and the specific eligibility criteria and application process can vary depending on the state. The scholarship may cover expenses such as tuition fees, travel costs, and living expenses while abroad.
Important Links For Telangana Overseas Scholarship Scheme
Official Website – Telangana Epass